Changelog - August 3, 2013
20th Jun, 2013
- 5.3: example code typo: now using == for comparison
- 5.4: review exercise solution uses continue statement
- 7.3: added links to Excel modules
- 9.1: new link to article introducing databases
- 10.1: typo correction in epub and mobi versions; urllib -> urllib
- 10.4: explanation of mechanize's reload() method
- 13.1: added link to free lesson and practice project on using classes
16th March, 2013
- Minor typo corrections to 5.4: use of window.mainloop() in place of mainloop() for running Tkinter programs outside of IDLE.
3rd March, 2013
- Minor typo corrections to 7.3: use of next() function and special "\t" delimiter character.
7th January, 2013
- Included Numpy/SciPy download links for 64-bit OSes.
- Updated table of contents to reflect page changes.
- Corrected some paragraph formatting in later chapters of EPUB version.
6th January, 2013
- Release of version 2.0 with MANY updates: Python 3 support, syntax highlighting, use of next() in CSV files, updated urlopen() import statements.
19th October, 2012
- Removed extraneous column from "tabbed wonka.csv" file of chapter 7 practice material.
Initial Public Release - 14th October, 2012
Python FR for the Web
1st August 2013
- Lesson 1.6: Updated virtualenv info
- Lesson 2.6: Added information on Cartesian Joins
- Lesson 3.6: Fixed the Twitter API example to work with the new API
- Chapter 6: Fixed all errors
- Corrected various grammatical errors
- Added two new Django chapters
20th June 2013
- 1.5: Updated informaton about easy_install and pip
- 3.6: Added an additional example for working with the Youtube API
- 3.8: Updated the code for the Socrata crawlspider
- 4.3: Updated CHMOD instructions
- 8.3: Reworded the introduction
- 8.10: Fixed a typo
- 8.12: Fixed three typos
- Added acknowledgements and about me sections
- Updated formatting issues in PDF version of the course
Initial Public Release - 15th May 2013